Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stay Beautiful Colorado

My heart hurts for those in Colorado, especially those in Colorado Springs.

Waldo Canyon Fire (June 2012)
As many of you may know, I just spent the last 10.5 months in Colorado Springs.  I moved almost 4 months ago.  The thought that something this tragic, of this magnitude, could devastate something so beautiful, so serene...boggles my mind.

Morning fog blanketing the west side of Colorado Springs (April 2011)

Just another gorgeous day at the dog park

My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by the wildfires in both Colorado and Utah.  If I could be back in Colorado Springs right now, I would.  Even though I only spent 10.5 months there, it was a significant time in my life.  It was the first time I was ever really on my own, by myself.  I was happy to call Colorado Springs my home--and I hope to call Colorado my home some time in the future.  Colorado will always be beautiful.  I look forward to the day that Pike's Peak will be visible through all the smoke.

4 comments:

  1. I know. It just makes my stomach turn at this awful event. I just pray every day they get it contained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
    Please note in your email: HYDRAPAK
    runningdivamom at yahoo dot com
    www.runningdivamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
    Please note in your email: DOWNY UNSTOPABLES
    runningdivamom at yahoo dot com
    www.runningdivamom.com

    ReplyDelete